Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Facespook: The strange case of the coincidental puppicide


You couldn't make this stuff up.

One of my facebook buddies issues a series of amusing status updates about his strife with a new puppy. These culminate in a "jon is contemplating puppicide" status update.

The facebook cognisenti will know that you only get updates in your news feed from YOUR facebook friends.

So Jon couldn't have been reading updates by another of my facebook pals - Jack. That's because Jack and Jon are NOT facebook mutual friends. They don't 'know' each other so can't have been reading each other's news feeds.

Which makes this (right) just a tad bizarre:

1 comment:

  1. I think Jack and I need to meet in real life for beer. I suggest a brew called Dogbolter. I will bring my bitch to prove ' no animals were harmed during the making of this oddness'. BTW - Bad joke. How do you make a dog drink?













    Put it in a luiquidizer....

    ;
    Jon Williams

    ReplyDelete

FasterFuture.blogspot.com

The rate of change is so rapid it's difficult for one person to keep up to speed. Let's pool our thoughts, share our reactions and, who knows, even reach some shared conclusions worth arriving at?